George K. Michalopoulos Junior Faculty Scholar Award
Wednesday, March 31, 2021
The George K. Michalopoulos Junior Faculty Scholar Award is offered to promote the participation of early career investigators in scientific meetings and conferences. The award recognizes the outstanding research being conducted by ASIP Regular and Next-Generation Scientist members who are employed as Junior Faculty at institutions around the world. The awardee is selected on the basis of early career productivity and the scientific merit of the submitted abstract.
The award is funded by the George K. Michalopoulos Junior Faculty Scholar Award Fund and will include a cash award, plaque, and complimentary meeting registration.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Be an ASIP Regular of Next-Generation Scientist Member in good standing at the time of application submission and through the dates of the meeting.
- Have completed a professional degree (DO, DVM, MBBS, MD, PhD or equivalent) at least two years and no more than seven (or nine if in clinical training) years prior to submitting the application.
- Submit an abstract to an ASIP Topic Category by the established deadline.
- The award applicant should be a co-author but does NOT have to be the first author of the abstract.
- Attendance during the full meeting is mandatory. The scholar award will be rescinded if the awardee is not present.