Check back soon for more meetings!
Navigating Implicit Bias
Date: February 24, 2021
Time: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM (EDT)
This session will emphasize the understanding of what implicit bias represents, how it affects interpersonal relationships and our daily life with a focus on having a conversation on how implicit bias affects scientific research in academia.
- Identify implicit bias
- Recognize the effects of implicit bias in everyday life and the implications it has in academia and industry
- Identify the wide-range affects of implicit bias the relationship of implicit bias, and effective ways to understand our personal implicit bias
Insights from Autopsy-Based Clinicopathological Correlation of COVID-19: Pathology, Mechanisms, and Treatment
Date: March 10, 2020
Time: 11:30 AM (EST)
Description: Drs. Buja and Vander Heide discuss what we know and what remains to be elucidated about COVID-19.
- Discuss the epidemiology and major trends in the pandemic
- Describe the key pathological findings in cases of severe COVID-19
- Discuss implications of the pathological findings for pathophysiology and pathogenesis of the disease
- Discuss implications of the pathological findings for therapy and prevention of the disease