ASIP Promoting Diversity in Science Travel Award
November 18, 2019
AWARDS SUBMISSION SITE IS NOW CLOSED
Direct all Inquiries to:
To promote the entry of under-represented scientists into the basic/translational/clinical science community, the American Society for Investigative Pathology (ASIP) has developed Promoting Diversity in Science ASIP Trainee Travel Awards. These awards honor excellence in biomedical research focused on understanding mechanisms and classification of disease and provide stipends ranging from $250 to $750 to ASIP Trainee members (undergraduate students, pre-doctoral candidates, post-doctoral fellows, senior post-doctoral fellows) to encourage participation in ASIP scientific meetings and conferences. Awardees are selected on the basis of merit by the conference Scientific Review Committee.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Be an ASIP Trainee Member (undergraduate student, pre-doctoral trainee, post-doctoral fellow, senior post-doctoral fellow) in good standing at the time of application submission and through the dates of the conference.
- Submit an abstract by the established deadline to the ASIP meeting/conference.
- The award applicant must be the first author of the abstract
- Register for the ASIP meeting/conference by the established deadline for awardees.
- Attendance during the conference and at the ASIP Business Meeting and Awards Presentation is mandatory. The travel award will be rescinded if the awardee is not present and/or does not verify attendance during the meeting.
- Identify with one of the following recognized under-represented-in- science ethnic groups:
- Alaskan Native
- American Indian/Native American/Canadian Frist Peoples
- Black/African American
- Pacific Islander (Guam or Hawaii)
PLEASE NOTE: American citizenship or permanent resident status is NOT required. If you are a member of an ethnic group that is not listed above, please inquire about your eligibility to email@example.com.
View the List of Awardees