GALL Trainee Scholar Award for Excellence in Cardiovascular Research
The GALL Trainee Scholar Award for Excellence in Cardiovascular Research supports travel to ASIP scientific conferences by an ASIP trainee member who submits an abstract relevant to experimental cardiovascular pathobiology. The awardee is selected by the relevant ASIP Scientific Review Committee on the basis of excellence in cardiovascular pathobiology research. To promote the entry young scientists into the mainstream of the basic/translational/clinical science community and to encourage the participation of young investigative pathologists in ASIP events, the American Society for Investigative Pathology offers a robust trainee travel awards program.
The award is funded by the GALL Award Fund for Excellence in Cardiovascular Research and the stipend is $750.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Be an ASIP Trainee Member (undergraduate student, pre-doctoral trainee, post-doctoral fellow, senior post-doctoral fellow) in good standing at the time of application submission and through the dates of the conference.
- Submit an abstract relevant to cardiovascular pathobiology by the established deadline to the ASIP meeting/conference.
- The award applicant must be the first author of the abstract.
- Register for the ASIP meeting/conference by the established deadline for awardees.
- Attendance during the conference and at the ASIP Business Meeting and Awards Presentation is mandatory. The travel award will be rescinded if the awardee is not present and/or does not verify attendance during the meeting.
View list of Gall Awardees