- The mission of the Veterinary Pathology Scientific Interest Group is to provide, in the spirit of “One Health”, a forum to forge collaborative relationships and idea exchange between scientist members of the ASIP and affiliated societies with research interests in veterinary and comparative pathology. These relationships will foster research integrating animal and human health, to the benefit of both.
- Goals of these events
- Support participation in the American College of Veterinary Pathologists Society Symposium held yearly at the annual meeting of the ASIP in conjunction with the Experimental Biology meeting.
- Enhance communications that encourage the development of research relationships between scientists from diverse backgrounds to promote cross-pollination of investigative efforts through sharing of different perspectives and expertise.
- Promote excellence in veterinary and comparative medical research.
- Provide opportunities for graduate students and resident trainees to interact with pathologists working in academic positions at medical and veterinary medical colleges and in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Disseminate information among pathology societies about continuing education and scientific meeting opportunities.