In 2013, ASIP Regular members will be voting for the following open positions for terms to begin July 1, 2013. The deadline to submit nominations was November 1, 2012. Self-nominations are encouraged!
• Vice-President. The VP will serve a one-year term and then will automatically proceed to one-year terms as President-elect, President, and Past President. Thus, this is a four-year commitment to service on the ASIP Council.
• Secretary-treasurer. The Secretary-Treasurer serves a three-year term. In addition to fulfilling traditional functions, the Secretary-Treasurer is the Chair of the ASIP Finance Committee.
• Councilor-at-large. The Councilor-at-Large serves a three-year term on the ASIP Council.
• Meritorious Awards Committee Member. Each year, two members are elected to join the Meritorious Awards
Committee for a three-year term. The committee reviews candidates for the ASIP Meritorious Awards
(Gold-Headed Cane, Rous-Whipple, Outstanding Investigator, Cotran Early Career Investigator Award,
Robbins Distinguished Educator Award, and Young Scientist Leadership Award) and selects the awardees.
• Nominating Committee Member. Each year, two members are elected to join the Nominating Committee for a three-year term. The Nominating Committee develops the ballot for all positions on the ASIP Council, Meritorious Awards Committee, and Nominating Committee.
If you wish to nominate a candidate for any of these positions, please complete the online ASIP Nomination Form . You will be requested to provide your reason for nominating the individual.
The Deadline to submit nominations was November 1, 2012. Self-nominations are encouraged!