Call for Nominations for the ASIP
In 2013, ASIP Regular members will be voting for the following open
positions for terms to begin July 1, 2014:
- Vice-President. The VP will serve a one-year term and then will automatically proceed to one-year terms as President-elect, President, and Past President. Thus, this is a four-year commitment to service on the ASIP Council.
- Councilor-at-Large. The Councilor-at-Large serves a three-year term on the ASIP Council.
- Education Committee Chair-Elect. The Chair-Elect serves for 1 year and then proceeds to a three-year term as Chair. The Education Committee isresponsible for developing educational materials, including courses, for the benefit of the membership and consistent with the purposes of the Society.
- Committee for Career Development, Women & Minorities Chair-Elect. The Chair-Elect serves for 1 year and then automatically proceeds to a three-year term as Chair. The Committee for Career Development, Women and Minorities shall
develop and oversee programs to promote the career development of all members of the Society, especially underrepresented populations.
- Meritorious Awards Committee Member. Each year, two members are elected to join the Meritorious Awards Committee for a three-year term. The committee
reviews candidates for the ASIP Meritorious Awards (Gold-Headed Cane, Rous-Whipple, Outstanding Investigator, Cotran Early Career Investigator Award, Robbins Distinguished Educator Award, and Young Scientist Leadership Award) and selects the awardees.
- Nominating Committee Member. Each year, two members are elected to join the Nominating Committee for a three-year term. The Nominating Committee
develops the ballot for all positions on the ASIP Council, Meritorious Awards Committee, and Nominating Committee.
The deadline to submit nominations was September 15, 2013.